Changing name of Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lefty716687, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Lefty716687 macrumors newbie

I have been reading about the updates to all of the latptops and have been thinking that Apple might try to get rid of the name macbook pro.

I think that their might be two reasons for this:

1) When visiting the store it is currently very easy to tell their three computer brands apart. You have the thin one, the plastic one, and the metal one. However if they switch the Macbook to metal it will be difficult to tell the Macbook apart from Macbook Pro. (I also think it would be weird if they design pro like the air, but just make the macbook like the old pro - I would imagine after updates they will all look very similar)

2) I remember reading that Apple wants to try to price their computers down and make them more competive. Currently the specs on the Macbook (black) are very similar to the Macbook Pro (low model). If you want to say that you are putting good computers at a good price why not say something like we have no need for putting out a "pro" model becuase our standard model is as good - thus renameing Macbook pros as simply macbooks - and now they will come in three sizes 13,15,17 inch screens. Again the bigger the screen, the better the specs will be. The only difference is that it will all be one line.

I beleive doing this will make the introduction of a new type will be easier to tell it apart because their won't be as many brands.

2. raquiros macrumors member

raquiros

I would rather to keep the MacBook Pro name.... or even better with the new model.... MacBook Pro 2, MacBook Pro 2G or MacBook Pro 2.0 :D:D:D:D:apple:

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No because the MacBook will still only have integrated graphics. Don't forget the MacBook is the replaced for the iBook and the MacBook Pro is the replacement for the PowerBook.

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

iMac --> Mac Pro
    MacBook --> MacBook Pro

Nah, Apple won't be changing their naming scheme anytime soon. ;)

5. Kellen710 macrumors newbie

Ummm, I dont think so. I like the family idea. I think that Apple dose too.

6. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

Just call the new MacBook Pro the MacBook 3G. :p

7. godfreyhk macrumors member

Twice as fast, half the price. :apple:
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sounds like a plan, no? :rolleyes:

8. II AndyG33 II macrumors regular

II AndyG33 II

LMFAO!
    i wish :]

9. raquiros macrumors member

raquiros

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

10. MickdyMickdyMAC macrumors member

I feel the same, but MacBook Pro II or MacBook Pro MKII. MBP MKII. "MBP" just rolls off the mouth good for me.

11. Abhorred macrumors member

BacMook Rop. Yeah, it'll be the Apple BacMook Rop.

Or, why not an anagram of "MacBook Pro" just to keep things fresh while still maintaining the product's lineage? Some options:

Backroom Op
    A Combo Pork
    Cap Mob Rook
    Okra Cob Mop
    A Bro Mock Op

I mean, I would buy any of those products IF THEY JUST FIXED THE DAMNED GPU. *ahem*

12. raquiros macrumors member

raquiros

Introducing the new Apple MacBook Pro Reloaded..... sounds good :D

13. kabunaru Guest

I actually think Apple should do this. Would be more simple and better I guess.