changing out my key board from EU layout to US (macbook pro early 2008)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by supao, Oct 10, 2012.

  1. supao macrumors newbie

    Oct 10, 2012
    Hey guys do you think it is possible for me to change my Macbook pro's a1260 (silver keys) from the EU style to the US because I want to add a keyboard skin to it but it will not fit because the enter and left shift buttons are layed out differently on both models.
  2. hackerwayne macrumors 6502a


    Feb 17, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Yes its possible but you will have to buy the entire top case as the screw mounting are different. That means, buy the entire top palm rest area, keyboard and trackpad.
  3. rikbrown macrumors regular

    Jun 29, 2010
    I'm stuck the other way! Originally got my rMBP in the UK, where I live, but while on a long business trip to Seattle found a developing problem with the trackpad (loose trackpad... rattling/creaking when clicked) so took it into a local Apple store. They ended up keeping it for a few days and replacing the entire top case... landing me with a ridiculous US keyboard layout :D. I don't really mind, but it's frustrating considering I use a UK external keyboard, and a UK Macbook Pro as my work laptop - so switching between them gets confusing.

    See photo (US rMBP left, UK work cMBP right) if you want to know how confusing the minor but pointless layout differences are. Would be ok if it was just key changes, but actual physical changes are irritating![​IMG]

Share This Page