changing owner ship would i lose me unlimited data on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ansabakhan, Jun 19, 2010.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

my friend is leaving USA for few months and wants to get rid of his iphone plan by paying early termination fee, if i take over his phone line by doing Transfer of Liability with at&t , am i changing the data plan some how? right now that phone is on family share plan (9.99 + $30 for data) , is it possible for me to transfer that phone on my account under my family share plan and have the same data plan carried overed to me?

also if i re-size the sim and pop it in my iPhone 4, will it just work ?

2. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

You would not lose the data plan. I just did this the other day from my moms name to me. Nothing on your account is changing except the name- EVERYTHING stays exactly how it is. Plans, rollover minutes, special features, everything.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If you take over the acct and phone you keep the unlimited data.
    If you just buy the phone then you have to choose from an current data plan.

Bottom line: data goes w/ the acct not the device.

4. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

thanks for the reply , the only thing is its under my friends family share plan .... do i have to keep it under my family share in order to get unlimited data or change voice plan doesn't matter ? also does this extend the contract to another 11 months ? i think i read that some where

5. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

regardless of what ever voice plan i want to keep or change later?

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yes. Voice and data are completely separate. Changing one does not affect the other.

7. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

so that means taking over his plan is a good idea ? would the contract be extended cause of a new owner now?