Changing Pages dictionary

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Icestorm815, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Icestorm815 macrumors member

I'm writing a paper in French and I'm trying to find a way to switch the dictionary from English to French. There was a way to do it in Appleworks (yeah, way back when!), but I just can't seem to find out how to do it (if you even can) in Pages. Does anyone know what to do?

2. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

You can change the dictionary for any paragraph style in the More tab of the text inspector. To change the system-wide dictionary, go to System Preferences/International/Languages & use the Edit button to move the language you want to the top of the list. You may have to restart Pages &, possibly, log out & back in for it to take effect.

3. Icestorm815 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you very much. That was exactly what I was looking for! :D

4. chrstphrtlbt macrumors newbie

hey. i don't mean to bump old threads and piss people off, but i have a slight problem and thought it would be better and there would be more replies so people might investigate more

i would simply like to add a british english dictionary to Pages. is this possible? if so, how? thanks for any help i may receive

5. Palladium macrumors member

About British English Dictionary.

I have Pages 08 and the More Tab of the text Inspector offers British English, Australian English and Canadian English as well as plain English (the American version?). These are all present by default in my version.

6. chrstphrtlbt macrumors newbie

cheers man. i would have thought that there would be a simple dictionary preference pane. nevermind, but cheers!