Changing Phone Number on iTunes and phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nomadski, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Nomadski macrumors regular

Ive just taken the plunge and bought a 3g PAYG iPhone. I wanted to transfer my number across from Vodafone and received a temporary O2 number to get me by, until it activated my old number (which took 48 hours or something).

When i activated the phone in iTunes it asked me for my number to which i put in the temporary O2 number, but now my old Vodafone number has been activated across, the phone and iTunes both have the wrong number (the temp one) listed.

Ive searched on iTunes and the phone itself how to change it but i cannot find it anywhere.

Any advice welcome.

2. dvsmac macrumors newbie

I have this same problem.

I found this:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1722176

Basically the number displayed is saved on the SIM card. If you can find a phone that enables you to change and save the number stored on the SIM card, that should fix it.

Hope this helps.

3. Nomadski thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, im not sure if taking my sim out is a good idea - is there a chance i could lose my O2 addons if i stick it in another phone, then back to the iphone?

Dumb question i guess, but not sure how these things work.

4. Mr Montyvator macrumors newbie

I had the same problem

Notice I said "had" because what you need to do is on your iPhone go to "Settings" then "Phone" then click on the number displayed, which I reckon will be your old number.

So click on it and it will allow you to amend. Plug into your computer, and hey presto, it will change the number in iTunes.

I literally joined this forum just to answer this question. No need to thank, happy to help ;)

5. Den Policarpio macrumors newbie

No, seriously - THANK YOU! I have been looking for how to change this for the last couple of days!!