Changing phones and finding jb'ed programs that I didn't install to new phone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Doom878, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Doom878 macrumors member

Sorry for the long title. I had a 3GS 4.3.3 that I jb'ed using whitesn0w's method a few weeks ago. I installed Winterboard and some other stuff like taking out ATT in the status bar and putting the date next to the time which I installed separately from Winterboard. The 3GS broke so I bought a 4 (yes I wanted to wait for the new one). I did the Comex jailbreakme. I didn't reinstall the settings for the status bar that I mentioned but those settings are there. I didn't backup blobs or any of that (as I don't understand that yet). Is this normal? How do I turn them off if I choose to?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

some things get save in the backup, did you set up the iphone 4 as a new device or did you use the backup from your 3Gs?

3. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

What is whitesn0w?

I am sure you restore your iphone from back up therefore transferring those setting on the the new iphone 4. Restore as new iphone and resync all the stuff you need rather than restore from back up.

4. Doom878 thread starter macrumors member

Yes I did a restore from my 3GS save. I had assumed that it would load up my settings as non-jb'ed but I guess I was wrong. Is there a way to go into Cydia and see what packages I d/led that have a checkmark next to them?

I notice that not all programs transferred. Like I had changed the style of my 3G and battery icons also and that's not done.

Whitesn0w is his twitter handle. Maybe I used redsn0w, can't remember since I'm at work. It's the 4.3.3 untethered jb before jailbreakme 3.0 came out.

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

yes it would of been redsn0w, there is pkgbackup that saves your cydia package list then reinstalls then after a restore but that would of had to be done on the 3GS, if you go to cydia on the main screen click manage account then sign in you can see your purchased cydia apps and tweaks but not the free ones you had