Changing Photo Date

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ed4132, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Ed4132 macrumors regular

Hi

I just return from my vacations and when I download the photos from my daughter camera to put them in the same directory of mine I found my daughter camera is out of date so I need a software to change the date, I try several but when I go to the date always is today date, please if somebody have an easy way to change the date I will appreciate your help

Thank's

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Are you using iPhoto? If so, select the photos you want to change the date on, then click on "Window" then "batch change" then "change date and time" and enter the correct date there. Be sure to check the box that says to modify the file so that it will be the correct date everywhere.

3. Ed4132 thread starter macrumors regular

I use iPhotos and I change the date to the correct one but when I go to finder the date appear as Today it don't display the correct date what I am doing wrong.

Thank's

4. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Do not do anything in you iPhoto library in finder! If you change anything there, you will corrupt your database. Forget that the library in finder exists and do anything and everything to/with your photos from within the app itself. It is never necessary to go into the finder to access your photos (if you are using iPhoto as it was intended).