Carrier Changing plan when phone is out of subsidy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by R3k, May 6, 2016.

1. R3k macrumors 6502a

Hey.

I have a 64gb iPhone 6 that is subsidized by AT&T. Come September, my 2 year contract will be up. I'd like to stay with AT&T but will not be purchasing a new phone.

Since my phone will no longer be subsidized(?), I'm not keen on paying the same monthly amount. How would I go about getting a 'no longer subsidized' rate? Or will my plan just automatically change?

Also, how much can I expect to save per month?

Thanks guys.

2. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Depends on what plan you have. If you have one of the older talk plans, where you have a set number of minutes and text and data are separate add ons, then you have to call customer service or go into your account online and switch to one of the data share plans.

If your already on a data share plan, then you do nothing and will automatically recieve a $25 discount on your line.

Before you switch plans though, make sure it's cheaper than what you currently have. Some of the new data plans might actually be more expensive than the grandfathered nation plans, even with the $25 discount.

3. R3k thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Yes, i have the Mobile Share Value Plan 2gb, so it should just switch over then.....

Cheers!