Changing recently purchased MBPr

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LucasG, Jul 6, 2014.

1. LucasG, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014

LucasG macrumors regular

LucasG

Long story short, I've decided to sell my desktop PC, having purchased an MBPr recently which I feel is lacking a little bit of power, I'm thinking on selling the MBPr as soon as I sell all the parts of the desktop PC and purchase this one: Refurbished 15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Quad-core Intel i7 with Retina Display (February 2013).

Currently I have a i5 2.4GHz/4GB/128GB, which is getting complicated to have Windows too, graphics card ain't that great, and since I won't have a PC, and will do some video editing, flash, photoshop, etc. feels like I should make the switch. How reliable is the 802.11n compared to ac? Currently Time Machine is pretty fast on the 5GHz Time Capsule.

2. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

Hi Lucas,

Your post is very confusing. There is no C2D rMBP. The refurb one you are looking at is not bad, but I do not know what computer you have right now. Post a link for the computer you have right now.

Matt

3. LucasG, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014

LucasG thread starter macrumors regular

LucasG

Whoops, I meant to type i5, sorry.

Also, Handoff will be working with Bluetooth 4 and upwards correct? So it shouldn't be a problem with the model I mentioned in my first post? I'm also hoping the Wi-Fi speeds for backing up with my 2TB Time Capsule which uses AC are good too and not that noticeable.