Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nrwrit3r, Aug 2, 2010.
Edit: If you download the rock app and launch it, it lets you change your root pass
Yes the current MobileTerminal on Cydia doesn't work with iOS4 yet...
I managed to do it from my OSX Terminal however...
I am NOT on my Uni's wifi network but I'm on my own network at home. Maybe you should do it from your own router or setup an adhoc network from your computer that your iphone connects to.... (or as you mentioned, with MyWi)
Just FYI for other people who is reading the thread and wondering how to do this from your computer
SSH into the phone
login password: alpine
Then type in the following command...
type new password twice
Also, don't forget to su into the mobile user and change it's password as well. (su - mobile when your in as root)
Edit: never mind I changed it
I'm getting the following error on terminal, when I have mywi on (I'm on it right now using the IP)
ssh: Could not resolve hostname root: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
What I did on Windows to change my root and mobile password.
1) In Cydia, install OpenSSH. Respring phone.
2) Google for PuTTY and install onto your computer.
3) Startup PuTTY. On main page, type in your IP address. Make sure "SSH" is dotted then click "Open."
4) If this is your first time, a window will appear saying something about saving authentication key. Just click on yes.
5) When you get to the screen that says "Login as:" type in: Root. Password: alpine.
6) Now, it should say your iphone name. Type in: passwd. Enter new password and repeat. Once done, just exit PuTTY.
7) Repeat step #3. This time "Login as:" Type: mobile. Follow rest of instructions.
8) If you don't want OpenSSH, go back into Cydia and remove it. Respring the phone.
Is there a program like putty I can use for the mac?
I don't get why I can't connect to my phone
Anyone have a suggestion? Is there a "wired" way I can do this on computer?
Do you have a router that you can use?
Or maybe create ad hoc connection between your Computer and the iPhone
I downloaded "iphone explorer" and now see a folder labeled "Root".
Inside of it are folders labeled such as:
And some files such as
Any way I can change the root with this?
I tried "creating a network" on my mac and it didn't work.
Looks like the OP fixed the issue but I'd like to contribute to this thread also.
Found this on YouTube. Try installing iSSH from iTunes and OpenSSH from Cydia. Both together gives you the iP4 version of Mobile Terminal.
Works like a charm!!!
yeah there's an updated version of mobile terminal on google code hosting, you have to install it manually though.