changing seconds on pictures

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by rol, Jul 23, 2010.

1. rol macrumors newbie

everytime i change the length of seconds i want a picture to stay, it always adds to it and then changes the length on the pictures i have already adjusted. it takes me about 5 or more tries in changing until it sticks. any idea why....please this is driving me crazy.

2. handsome pete macrumors 68000

You need to be a little more specific on what you're trying to do, what software you're using, etc.

It's really hard to offer advice on what you originally posted.

3. rol thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry about that...your right.
    using imovie 09.
    making movies of mostly pictures fading in and out set to music..parents love to see this...anyway i try to change the seconds that a picture stays on screen before it fades. i'll change it to 5 seconds and it will auto change to 5.7 seconds and change the next picture to 7 seconds. at that point i have to go back and keep changing it to 5 seconds about 4 or more times before it sticks then have to fix the next one (that changed to 7 seconds) which in turn messes up the next one.

sorry if i can't explain it to well...hopefully someone can understand me and be able to give me some suggestions.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

When entering your time, are you using the 00:00:00 format? You can't just enter 5. Also, there is a minimum time for the photo to be displayed depending on the lenght of the transition at either end.

5. rol thread starter macrumors newbie