Changing songs on the go

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by skatj, Jan 6, 2009.

1. skatj macrumors newbie

I just got an iPod touch and it's great. My only complaint is that it's a bit awkward to change songs while I'm walking. Is there an app or other solution to reduce the amount of keypresses needed to change songs, allow me to change it without taking it out of my pocket, or otherwise make it easier to skip songs?

Thanks

2. Lopez.T.H. macrumors regular

3. skatj thread starter macrumors newbie

This would be a perfect solution, but I don't really like the stock apple headphones.

I would buy the in-ear ones which look pretty good, but 80 bucks is a little out of my range, unfortunately.

4. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

Wow dude, kind of a harsh assumption.

O.P. You can save a few clicks by using the home button double press thing. I use an iPhone, so I don't know how it all works on iPod Touch, but for me there's a setting in prefs>general>home button to define it's behavior. I just double click the home button and up comes the basic music controls.

5. ZuneMan? macrumors regular

that is the easiest way.

6. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Works the same on the Touch, except there's no option to change the function in Settings because the other selectable functions (e.g. Favorites) don't exist on the Touch.

7. skatj thread starter macrumors newbie

Hm, I already know of this method, but it's a few steps above just pressing the click wheel on my nano. I suppose it'll just take some getting used to.

8. jake921660 macrumors regular

If it is jailbroken there is an app called PwnPlayer (I think) that will let you change songs from the lock screen by swiping your finger to the right. It runs pretty much the same as the standard Music app except it has a few extra features, but it is a little slower.

9. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

Well I can assume the OP has a 2nd gen touch, so there is no Jailbreak for it you. http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
    keep checking there for an update when its released.

10. NachoB macrumors newbie

If you know somebody with an iPhone who doesn't use their packaged headphones see if they'll give them to you. They have a mic/button builtin that allows you to play/pause/skip.