changing start of the week day in iPhone Calendar?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sir42, Jul 16, 2008.

1. sir42 macrumors 6502

Is there a way to change the start of the week day in the iPhone Calendar program? I thought that this ability was present in the original iPhone software, but I can't find a way to do that in 2.0.

I work in a business that uses Sunday as the week ending day, and most calendar programs have the option to set which days start and end the week. iCal has this option, as does the calendar on me.com.

2. catb1rd macrumors newbie

Answer Found

I don't understand why Apple changed this setting. This has caused me a lot of unneeded stress. I found the answer at an Apple support forum, http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7848233

To change the iPhone Calendar to show Sunday as the first day of the week (far left in month view) - from the Home screen:
    1. tap "Settings"
    2. tap "General"
    3. tap "International"
    4. tap "Region Format"
    5. select "United States"

3. sir42 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for the reply. Actually, I was hoping to display Monday as the first day of the week, as I do in iCal.

4. GregA macrumors 65816

I know this is an old thread, but did you discover that if you set the International settings to "UK English" that the week starts on Monday?

US English starts on Sunday, as does Australian English unfortunately.

Apparently your choice of country may affect how incoming phone numbers are displayed, haven't tested that yet.

5. aderila macrumors newbie

if u want in on monday, change it to united kingdom.

6. sir42 thread starter macrumors 6502

The problem with changing to UK is that it also changes the time format to military and changes the display of the phone numbers to xx xxxx xxxx. I wish there was a way to change the week ending date without affecting the time and phone number display.