Changing System Icons

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by KeegM480, Feb 8, 2014.

1. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

Figured I would have better luck here than in the UI area. (using 10.5.8)

Im trying to change my Finder Icon.

I tried doing the same method I use in Mavericks, copying finder.png and then the finder.incs. I have tried using .hqx as well

Anybody on here able to help me on how to get the Finder Icon to change?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Crap! There's an app for this (or something). I did it myself and two of my Macs have a silver Finder icon. I will have to find it. I did this a couple of years ago so I don't remember exactly what I used or did. I'll get back to you.

But, yes, it's entirely possible!

3. KeegM480 thread starter macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

Ok, I also found out, I cant change the trash icon. If you could help with that too I would greatly appreciate it!

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, that's one I've never specifically gone after. But there are Candybar themes that will change those icons. I'd look there.

You can use Candybar to change one specific icon from a set. So, if you find a trashcan icon in a set that you like, but you hate the rest of the set you can tell Candybar just to change that icon.

I would go and find Mystique and Candybar for the moment. Both are apps I've used to customize my interface. Mystique is a systemwide thing though, but it can also change docks too if you have a theme that includes it.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

OK. Here we go. It was Candybar. I used it to change the system icons. The theme I used was Black Gloss 2.1, but you can use any theme for Candybar you want.

You might search deviantart.com. That's where I got my dock, my icons and my Black OS X Mystique theme.

Attached Files:

6. KeegM480 thread starter macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

I forgot about Candy bar. It doesn't work with Mavericks, I decided to make the PowerMac G5 look better. Thanks!