Changing text in Keynote?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by downingp, Feb 4, 2008.

1. downingp macrumors 6502a

Is there an easy and efficient way to change the color of text or highlight text in Keynote '08? In my graduate school, the professors strictly use powerpoint presentations to teach class. I would like to be able to highlight or change the color of important text during the presentation quickly and efficiently.
    I know how to change the text color with the color wheel, but I don't want to have to always go to the color wheel to change the color each time I want to highlight text.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

In the format bar, there is a text color box next to the font size. Click on it and you can choose from a grid of color swatches. That's the quickest way I've found so far...

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I don't have Keynote with me here at work, but I think you can get a highlighter pen in the collaboration/comment section, IIRC.

4. Yellowbean12 macrumors member

Yellowbean12

Just duplicate the slide then edit the text you want on the new slide. Then just run the slideshow, when you want to highlight the text, just progress to the next slide.

I think... :rolleyes:

5. downingp thread starter macrumors 6502a

A highlighter pen would certainly work. Where is the collaboration/comment section?

6. downingp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is there a way to make the color stay the chosen color I want so I don't need to change the color each time I want to highlight some text?

7. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you could use the smart build and just have each build be a different highlighted piece of text.

8. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Looks like that doesn't really exist. You can add comments to the page (looks like a post-it note), but I don't find anything like a highlighter.

Sorry for getting your hopes up. :eek: