Changing the color on the back of the Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thesoviet, Oct 19, 2008.

1. thesoviet macrumors newbie

Hey!

I was wondering if anyone here knew the website where they sell the pre-cut transparencies to change the color of the apple on the back of the macbook. I totally forgot where the website was, but I remember them selling the RAINBOW transparency so your computer looks total old school. I know the prices were around 4.99 and 9.99 if you wanted 3. If anyone can help me and knows the website address that would be great. Thanks!

2. akashhhhh macrumors member

http://www.icolours.ca

3. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

4. thesoviet thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Resolution macrumors newbie

6. Mike-intosh macrumors newbie

7. felt. macrumors 6502a

rad! thanks for the link :)

nice magritte etching too!

8. doobi18 macrumors 6502

(Duplicate Post To Help People)

Hey guys - thought I'd share my experience with this modding!

About half a year ago I saw the colourware mod and ordered it straight away - here are some snaps from the process:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Overall it was pretty easy, however sanding the white backing off the Apple logo was extremely time-consuming, and the bezel around the screen went back on about 90% fine (calculated risk).

Photos of the finished product:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The highlight of the story is that just about a month ago, I took my MacBook into the GB to fix a crack in the right-hand palm-rest (3rd time!). I covered the Apple logo with a big tacky Aussie-Flag sticker that I got from a tourist-shop accross the road, so that no one would discover the mod unless the display was removed. The Genius also noticed a crack at the bottom of the bezel and offered to fix that too. I said yes and left the MB with them whilst I went up the coast for a week. Upon collection, I have a MacBook with an awesome ColourWare mod intact, and a professionally installed brand-new bezel!

One more clearer pic of the finished product:
    [​IMG]

//doobi18

9. puma1552 macrumors 601

id love to see the orange, black, sky blue, and green on an aluminum mac, lit up

10. HBOC macrumors 68020

here is mine. It was a dark blue, but looked like a purple when lit up. I also have a light green, orange and red transparency paper here, incase i get bored of this colour. Michaels' craft store sells a limited variety of transparency papers.

The yellow is more brilliant than what the pic shows. I think my colour balance is set to sunlight, and it is dreary day out..

Attached Files:

11. HBOC macrumors 68020

heres one in the dark...

Attached Files: