Changing the Language (Questions)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by xShane, Feb 23, 2013.

1. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

I recently changed the language on my MacBook Pro.

Is there any way to specify certain applications use a language other than the one that I changed my system to?

Example: I changed my language to language A in the System Preferences. However, I want, say, Safari, to always open in Language B.

Furthermore, I noticed that after changing the language, logging out, and then logging back in, that days and months have not been changed to that language in the Calendar nor the time/date in the menu bar.

2. chown33 macrumors 604

3. xShane thread starter macrumors 6502a

xShane

Thanks. I'm already aware of that method. However, the issue I'm having is that iCal is in one language, but the actual calendar dates are still in English (and so is the time/date in the menu bar next to Spotlight).

4. chown33 macrumors 604

Under OS X 10.8.2, if I drag Français to the top of the list in:
    System Preferences > Languages & Text > Language tab.

then I see two warnings in the blank area to the right of the list:
    1. Changes take effect in the Finder...
    2. Your preferred language is different from the language that is currently used for date, time, and number formats.

I think #2 is relevant to your situation. Change those settings under the "Region" tab in the Languages & Text pane.

The tab is named "Formats" in 10.6.8, and there are the same two warnings when I change the primary language in the Languages list.

5. xShane, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013

xShane thread starter macrumors 6502a

xShane

EDIT: Nevermind. After playing around with a few settings in what you suggested I managed to fix it. Thank you very much for your help :)