Changing the message alert noises?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Daveecee, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Daveecee macrumors regular

Hey, is there an app that allows you to change the notification noises when receiving text messages and such? I'm assuming there would be something like this available after jailbreaking. Can anybody point me in the right direction if this is doable? Thanks

2. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

SSH in and put your AIFF in the corresponding location:

These are the default system files, and they are found in /System/Library/Audio/UISounds

alarm.caf, beep-beep.caf, dtmf-2.caf, dtmf-0.caf, dtmf-1.caf, dtmf-3.caf, dtmf-4.caf, dtmf-5.caf, dtmf-6.caf, dtmf-7.caf, dtmf-8.caf, dtmf-9.caf, dtmf-pound.caf, dtmf-star.caf, lock.caf, long_low_short_high.caf, low_power.caf, mail-sent.caf, middle_9_short_double_low.caf, New-mail.caf, photoShutter.caf, ReceivedMessage.caf, RingerChanged.caf, SentMessage.caf, short_double_high.caf, short_double_low.caf, short_low_high.caf, SIMToolkitCallDropped.caf, SIMToolkitGeneralBeep.caf, SIMToolkitNegativeACK.caf, SIMToolkitPositiveACK.caf, SIMToolkitSMS.caf, sms-received.caf, Tink.caf, Tock.caf, unlock.caf, ussd.caf, Voicemail.caf

Hope this helps.

3. wingnutt macrumors newbie

wingnutt

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

5. sfaguy macrumors member

i believe the call waiting one is ct-call-waiting.caf which i couldn't get that to work. changed it but it still gives me the default tone.

6. Daveecee thread starter macrumors regular