Changing the Mission Control Background

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by akirarsah, Oct 23, 2013.

1. akirarsah macrumors newbie

I used to use a different Mission Control Background instead of the default.
    But then, since I upgraded (updated) to Mavericks, my mission control background reverted back to default.
    I've tried searching for the Contents of Dock.app, but I can't find defaultdesktop.
    I really wanna change the background.
    Does any one know how to do this is in Mavericks?

P.S. It would be nice if you can also tell me how to change the Notification Center's background.

2. matthewscott661 macrumors 6502

matthewscott661

as far as i can tell, they aren't background images anymore, just solid color fills. there may not be a way to change it, and if there is it's probably only to another color. why do you want to change them anyway? it's just a grey backdrop.

3. Manic Harmonic macrumors 6502

Yeah, I noticed they aren't in there as well... It's not a solid color though, it's definitely a gradient or something because it gets darker on the sides. I wonder if you just put a default desktop.PNG in there if it would work.

4. matthewscott661 macrumors 6502

matthewscott661

the gradient and the edge effects aren't part of an image though. they are rendering effects in the software that modify the solid color background.

mavericks has a lot of this kind of thing, as it reduces the number of times the OS has to reference image files on the disk. basically the dock and mission control and notification center all have coded instructions on how to render/draw the shapes or colors, they don't reference png image files anymore.

5. Walt Sobchak macrumors newbie

BUMP!!! someone needs to figure this out SERIOUSLY!