Changing the Reply To email address in outgoing mail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gceo, Sep 8, 2010.

1. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Howdy,

I have a gmail account that I use on my iPhone, and a work email address with it's own domain. I forward a copy of all work email to my gmail account so I can receive it on my iPhone, but when I reply to work email, the Reply To address is my gmail address. Anyone know how to change this to reflect my work address? (ie: joe@abc.com)

Thanks.

2. gtmac macrumors 6502a

Can't do it! I hate that it can't be done.

3. Nigandahu macrumors newbie

Add your work email account to the iphone, then make it the default account. Or when you go to send an email, tap on the gmail address int he "From" field, and change it to be from your work address. Hopefully you can add your work email, even as a pop3 account or something.

4. gceo thread starter macrumors 6502a

gceo

That's the whole point. I don't want my work email to be my default on the iPhone.

5. Nigandahu macrumors newbie

Thats why the second line is there. Here it is again:

"Or when you go to send an email, tap on the gmail address in the "From" field, and change it to be from your work address."

Just add your work email. Even if you put in the wrong info and it fails to verify, as a pop3 account, it should stay in there. Select At&t's SMTP server for all outgoing mail. You should then be able to tap the outgoing address and change it to the work address.