Changing the startup screen silver apple

homrb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Dallas, TX
Hello, I am trying to find a way to change the silver apple at startup to the retro style "rainbow" apple. Im not really interested in using a program for it but if someone could give me the file's location and maybe an image of the retro styled apple that I can replace it with then that would be great!

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I'm guessing you are wanting this done on an iPhone. This only works if your iPhone is a 2G, 3G, or 3Gs with the old bootrom.

homrb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Dallas, TX
yes an iphone because this is the the iphone hacks section:D but its an iPhone 4 so is there a reason that I wouldnt be able to find the file with iphone explorer or something?

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
I don't think you can do this from your iPhone, you need to SSH I believe, because I couldn't even do it on the 3.0 software.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It can be done on 3.0 and even 4.0.1. But only on a 2G iPhone, 3G, or 3Gs with the old bootrom. This is because a file within the bootrom is changed. The new bootrom 3Gs and the iPhone 4 have not been pwned, only jailbroken. Thus, they cannot get a custom boot logo. The file that needs to be changed cannot be changed from the iPhone itself. It can only be changed by a restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.