Changing the startup screen silver apple

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by homrb, Aug 4, 2010.

1. homrb macrumors regular

Hello, I am trying to find a way to change the silver apple at startup to the retro style "rainbow" apple. Im not really interested in using a program for it but if someone could give me the file's location and maybe an image of the retro styled apple that I can replace it with then that would be great!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm guessing you are wanting this done on an iPhone. This only works if your iPhone is a 2G, 3G, or 3Gs with the old bootrom.

3. homrb thread starter macrumors regular

yes an iphone because this is the the iphone hacks section:D but its an iPhone 4 so is there a reason that I wouldnt be able to find the file with iphone explorer or something?

4. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I don't think you can do this from your iPhone, you need to SSH I believe, because I couldn't even do it on the 3.0 software.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It can be done on 3.0 and even 4.0.1. But only on a 2G iPhone, 3G, or 3Gs with the old bootrom. This is because a file within the bootrom is changed. The new bootrom 3Gs and the iPhone 4 have not been pwned, only jailbroken. Thus, they cannot get a custom boot logo. The file that needs to be changed cannot be changed from the iPhone itself. It can only be changed by a restore.