Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sammich

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
Before I updated to 10.4.9, I remember the volume controls weren't exactly linear (ie: 50% system volume, is barely audible, 75% is getting there, but 90%+ it really gets loud), more 'exponential'. Now having just one bar in the semi-transparent bezel is as loud as about 8 bars in .4.8.

It was mentioned that the update made the speakers louder, but I'm guessing they made 50% volume, 50% loud, so more proportional, and therefore louder at 'bar'.

Is there anyway to change it back?

4np

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
The Netherlands
I have another issue as well. Before the 10.4.9 update I heard the familiar 'plop' sounds when changing volume. After the 10.4.9 update these audio feeback plops have vanished. Do other people have this issue as well? (and yes, I have 'play feedback when volume is changed' checked in sound settings :))

sammich

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
Have you checked in System Preferences --> Sound?

Make sure you have enabled "Play feedback when volume is changed".

Anyone any clue as to the original post?

Attachments

• plop.jpg
    plop.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 57

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
I have another issue as well. Before the 10.4.9 update I heard the familiar 'plop' sounds when changing volume. After the 10.4.9 update these audio feeback plops have vanished. Do other people have this issue as well? (and yes, I have 'play feedback when volume is changed' checked in sound settings :))
I'm afraid mine still make a "Plopping" sound as you change the volume :(

FJ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.