Changing Themes/skins (OS X 10.4.11)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jjleon2, May 9, 2009.

1. jjleon2 macrumors newbie

Is it possible to change themes/skins on OS X 10.4.11? More specifically is shapeshifter the only way to change themes or is there another way? Also is there a comprehensive "How to" tutorial for this sort of thing?

Also if I'm not using shapeshifter where is the best place to get the themes/skins (would skins be the correct terminology?)

2. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

I think that Shapeshifter is probably the easiest way that I know how to change themes for Tiger. There are other apps out there to help you change the icons, but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for. Is there some reason you don't like Shapeshifter?

3. b1u3b0y Guest

personally i think the Mac theme is awesome. The only thing I customize are my icons / dock and login background

4. jjleon2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well for example: I know how to change my icons without an app and it's pretty easy.

So to change my theme I want to know if there is a way to do it without having to get an app? My philosophy is pretty much why download an extra app when I can just do it myself?

So is there a way to edit it without an app or is it possible that there is another app that does the same thing?

Mostly I don't like the interface of Shapeshifter but not only that is all it does is change the theme on my mac and I don't think it's the best way to spend $20 especially when there may be another way to do it myself or with freeware.

Edit: Also does anyone know the legality of doing this? I'd prefer not to do anything that would go against the terms of service for my mac

5. SShayymiiinXYZ macrumors newbie

SShayymiiinXYZ

the shiftshaper is down