Changing Theme's = Voiding Warranty?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Benguitar, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

I know that on the iPhone, if you jailbreak it and change the iPhone theme you void your warranty. But do you void your warranty if you change your Leopard/Tiger theme?

I've always been really scared to change anything that may void warranties because I know the minute I change something, something will go wrong and Apple won't help me.

Also, is it true that if you change the theme on your Mac that it will more likely have glitches, than if you left the theme unchanged?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

As changing themes in Mac OS X is just a matter of installing software, it shouldn't void your warranty.
    If the installed software fracks up your system of course, they won't be able to help you on the software side, but a clean install of the OS would help.

Also the warranty on Macs is more for hardware related issues than software related ones.

3. Benguitar thread starter Guest

Benguitar

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I don't see why not.

If Apple has to do some repair on your machine, and see what you have installed (if they do), they won't say: No, you customized your OS and are hereby not eligible for our warranty.

It's your computer and you can do what you want with your OS, as it is relatively simple to restore it if it's fracked up. A reinstall will solve that.

Only if software damages hardware, which it wouldn't or shouldn't, you could void your warranty.

5. Benguitar thread starter Guest

Benguitar

Alright, also.. Just to be clear how would one uninstall a theme?

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

With the uninstaller that came with the theming software or the theme itself, or Appzapper/Appcleaner.