Changing unlimited data plans?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goldinboy17, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I'm currently using an Unlocked Nexus One. I have an unlimited data plan, but it's only for Android phones. Would AT&T be able to change my unlimited plan to an Unlimited iPhone data plan? Android isn't fun at all =/

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

Nope. I had a Nexus One with unlimited and I had to choose between 200MB or 2GB.

3. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Thats not true. I just called and switched my fiances old 2g unlimited to the 3g unlimited. the woman told me anyone with any old unlimited data plan, blackberry media net, iphone 2g, etc can still keep it on the iphone.

4. wishman35 macrumors regular

"It is the power of christ that compels you"

-Steve

Sent from my Blackberry Pearl

5. coelacanth macrumors 6502

This is a quote from Apple.com

So if you have AT&T smartphone other than iPhone, you should be able to swap the unlimited data plan on that phone with iPhone specific one. Only problem is that Nexus One is not officially endorsed/sold by AT&T.

What phone did you have prior to Nexus One? AT&T won't be able to tell it's Nexus One you have right now. The official record of your current phone should be the last AT&T badged phone (or older iPhone) you had on your account. Maybe it's worth talking to AT&T CS.

FYI, I had iPhone 3GS with unlimited data, used Nexus One for a month and Moto cheapo phone across the 6/7 date and I had no problem getting unlimited data on iPhone 4.