Changing user information

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AppleLight, Oct 19, 2009.

1. AppleLight macrumors member

Hey guys I'm selling my old Macbook and I'm leaving some software on it for the new users.

However, whenever I open up Mail, it asks for login details, and suggests my name already. Is there anyway to remove that without doing another install of the OS (SL).

Essentially what I'm asking is when you input the information when you setup your new Mac (Apple ID, Name, Address and so on), is it possible to change without re-installing Mac OS X 10.6?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I think name, address etc is sourced from the card you assign as "yours" in Address Book. To change it select a new card and go Card->Make This My Card. AppleID is in the MobileMe preferences.

3. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

if your enot going to reinstall the software....a few things i could recommend.

make a back up of the current state the system is in using SuperDuper.
    Use your OS install discs to erase and reinstall the operating system and use migration assistant to transfer over the applications minus the user accounts, so none of your stuff is present.

or you can create new user accounts, erase all your current ones and be set to go.