Changing "Video Kind" in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DeeGee48, Nov 12, 2007.

1. DeeGee48 macrumors regular

DeeGee48

In the Get Info box there's supposed to be a way of re-classifying the "kind" of video of the one that you've highlighted. When you click the "Video" tab there appears a "Video Kind" chooser that is supposed to have: Movie, Music Video, TV Show. Trouble is, mine's greyed and no 'scrolling' is possible. The 'scroller' is stuck on one thing only.

Now, what I want to know is this. How do I re-classify, as music videos, several music videos that downloaded from iTunes as TV shows? (They are music from TV shows). They play fine in my Music Video playlist (among all the other music videos in the order I want them) in iTunes on my Mac, but on the iPod, nada. They don't even appear among the others on the 'Pod. What do I do?

2. bloogersnigen macrumors regular

bloogersnigen

you can't change bought videos. that tab works with everything else. Sorry

3. bloogersnigen macrumors regular

bloogersnigen

There is an easy way to unprotect an itunes movie but I don't want to say it on this public forum so apple can't "fix" it. If you pm me I'll tell you my little secret (other people probably know it too).

4. agill13 macrumors newbie

Help

bloogersnigen, i cant figure out how to pm you er w/e but i would really like to know how to unlock my bought items so i can put them into iDVD... =)