Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paieye

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
I updated to iOS 11.3 yesterday, and the voice on my iPhone is now Daniel (Enhanced). What I want though, is a British female voice. I click Settings, General, Accessibility, Voices, English. Next to each voice on the list is the 'download'-symbol. When I click the symbol next to Kate or Serena, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong ?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I updated to iOS 11.3 yesterday, and the voice on my iPhone is now Daniel (Enhanced). What I want though, is a British female voice. I click Settings, General, Accessibility, Voices, English. Next to each voice on the list is the 'download'-symbol. When I click the symbol next to Kate or Serena, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong ?
Are you talking about the voice for Siri or something else? If for Siri, have you tried the voice settings under Siri's settings?

paieye

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Thank you, but I do not yet use Siri, though that may come. I am concerned with the voice of the navigator when I use Maps.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thank you, but I do not yet use Siri, though that may come. I am concerned with the voice of the navigator when I use Maps.
Might still be worth going through Siri's settings for voice to see if that might have any effect on what you want.

paieye

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Could you just give me the path, please, I cannot find the settings for Siri that you mention.
[doublepost=1523525161][/doublepost]Just a moment, I think that I have got the answer. Let me just check, and then come back to you.
[doublepost=1523525735][/doublepost]Yes, my error was in touching the 'download'-symbol incorrectly, so that the download did not start. I have downloaded Kate, and am now downloading Serena, and shall then make my choice ! Many thanks for your help.

paieye

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
I have set the voice to Serena Enhanced, but the voice of the navigator in Maps is still that of a man.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have set the voice to Serena Enhanced, but the voice of the navigator in Maps is still that of a man.
Have you tried changing anything related to Siri? Settings > Siri & Search > Siri Voice

paieye

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Yes, I have now changed to what is called simply 'Siri Female.' The voice is quite satisfactory, and it is now used by the navigator in Maps, so Thank You, well done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.