Changing "-w" value for DiabloMiner in OSX Terminal?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by quickmac, Feb 13, 2012.

1. quickmac macrumors 6502

I don't know if anyone here does BitCoin Mining but I'm trying to run DiabloMiner in OS X terminal. Apparently the fix to a kernel error is to change the "-w" value to "64" and it allows the problem to run.

Does anyone know where and how the "-w" value is changed? I am using Diablo Miner GUI and it is accessed through Terminal.

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Have you tried something like
    Code:
    ./DiabloMiner -w 64
    ?

3. quickmac thread starter macrumors 6502

It says no such file or directory, but I can see Diablo installed under Applications and it runs in Terminal when launched but won't actually work. The maker if Diablo says the -w 64 change fixes it but I'm not too good with the terminal codes.

Is there some directory I need to get to to make the code line you provided work?

Thank you!

4. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

How do you normally launch it? I'm only guessing that it is a command line arg that you need to provide.

The command I gave would require you to be in the same dir as the binary.

5. quickmac thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm its a GUI interface the creator designed. I might be able to find the binary in that file somewhere. In normal operation it can be clicked and just launches terminal attempting to run the program, no command line needed. But there is likely a way to force it to launch with a command line

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

If it is an app bundle, it'll be in there under Contents/MacOS/ . Or perhaps Contents/MacOS/bin/. Somewhere in the bundle anyway...

7. quickmac thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes! You sir are a genius of the highest geni! I went into that folder and opened the DiabloMiner.exe file used for the GUI launcher. Opened the file in TextEdit and browsed the text till I found some other familiar commands I saw on the forums and popped in -w 64 at the end of the line. Saved it, relaunched and off it went!

Thank you so much!