Changing Window Background Colour

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by SRF, Mar 4, 2014.

1. SRF macrumors newbie

Is there a simple way to change the background window colour?

I have a faulty video chip connection and anything pure white renders with flickering vertical pink and white stripes. If I could change the white background to a very light grey then using the laptop would be much less headache inducing!

Any suggestion welcome.

Thanks

2. Dephibio macrumors regular

In Finder click View and then Show View Options. You'll find background option in the bottom where you can pick any color you want. Hope this helped.

3. SRF thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that, but sadly that's not an option I'm given. I can change icon sizing and spacing and a host of other things in that menu, but not background colour. Curious!

4. Dephibio macrumors regular

You cannot change the background color in case you're on your desktop.

Screen.jpg

5. SRF thread starter macrumors newbie

When in Finder - documents window, the view/show view options gives the attached. Still no background colour option I'm afraid.

Attached Files:

6. Dephibio macrumors regular

This is really odd. I think there should have been a background option in this menu since OS X 10.5 ...

7. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

it's there, but...only in icon view. switch to that, and you can change background color. it's never been an option in list or column view...

8. SRF thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you both. At least that's some respite. Now if only there were a way to do this for all windows!