Changing Windows Boot Camp Icon

Discussion in 'macOS' started by apattee, Jul 19, 2007.

1. apattee macrumors regular

I searched but didn't find anything. Can I do this? I just want to change the hard drive picture for windows.

2. mac4drew macrumors regular

mac4drew

Well it depends on what exactly you're talking about... The icon on the Mac OS X desktop can be changed easily in the info box like any other icon, by selecting it and pasting in a new one.

I'm not really sure how to change the icon on the boot screen though.

3. apattee thread starter macrumors regular

no, i can't even do that. says i can't write to it.

4. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

If it is NTFS, you can't just change the icon in the info window, you will need candybar. Change the icon for default drives to whatever you want it to be. This will also change the image in the startup screen.

5. invasian macrumors regular

invasian

6. pontiacformula1 macrumors newbie

Easy bootcamp icon change

Found a real easy way to do it. just download liteicon (free). Open the program and click on where it says DEVICES. Then just drag the icon to the spot where it say internal. reset the finder and you're all set

7. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Just get NTFS-3G + Macfuse and that makes the bootcamp (NTFS) partition writable. Now you can change the icon through the getinfo window.
    It should also change the bootselection logo.. At least for me it did.

8. Blow up tre1 macrumors member

Litecon

Ummmm, slight problem being that I want to have separate images for my mac and windows drives, not the same one.
    To do this you need to make the windows icon standard (as you can't change it) Then manually change (get info copy,paste) the mac :apple: one to the one that you want.:D

Edit: by standard I mean change the internal drive to the one that you want for the windows drive