Channel 4 catch up

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zero.fx, Nov 20, 2008.

1. zero.fx macrumors member

Hi everybody i wonder if you guys can help me, i know its possible to watch bbc iplayer on the ipod touch indeed i think its awesome but is it also possible to watch channel 4 catch up tv too? has anyone tried it?

2. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

No it won't work. Channel 4 has in their moronic wisdom, made it so that you need IE to play their videos. Even using firefox on a mac won't work, so you're definately not going to get it running on the iphone/ipod touch.

Funny how the BBC got such derision for that - actually it isn't since no one cares for most of the content on C4 anyway :p

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

We all pay for the BBC, Channel 4 is commercial, it's pretty much up to them what they do in this regard.

4. zero.fx thread starter macrumors member

i think channel 4 has some good shows such as dispatches which i really want to watch but anyway i will try watching it on my archos i doubt it will work tho

5. tucker61 macrumors regular

I emailed channel 5 last week and asked them if here are any plans so that the vod can be played on the iPhone. Still not got a reply.

6. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

Pirate bay is your friend. I like some of the shows from Channel 4 and I specially like the streams that include the commercials since I like watching commercials from other countries, sometimes more than the show itself :)

7. M. Poirot macrumors member

i emailed the BBC to ask why it took so long for some programmes to be uploaded to the mobile version for the iPod touch. I got a very prompt non-standard reply that said they recognised things could be better and they're working on it. Impressive....your license fee in action folks!

8. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

It takes more effort than you realise...

9. tucker61 macrumors regular

Channel 5

Had a reply from channel 5 who said. Thanks for enquiry, we are looking at making the site iPhone friendly but not until sometime next year.

10. zero.fx thread starter macrumors member

lame oh well but channel 5 aint that good anyway lol i just wish channel 4 do it soon

11. thespyglass macrumors regular

thespyglass

Seconded.

12. vielsfrithj macrumors newbie

Watch 4 Catch Up On Mac No Problem!

You can now easily watch 4 catch up on Plex it's a free media center app for Mac.

13. vielsfrithj macrumors newbie

Forget that...

i feel silly now i've just noticed I'ts already been released for Mac :confused::D

14. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1