Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NightFox

macrumors 68040
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
You realize iTunes purchased content is called Library?

You meant it doesn’t work with Home Sharing then, not iTunes. It integrates with iTunes on day one.

Your iTunes library is everything you add to it, whether purchased through iTunes or not. All the "Library" menu options in iTunes are based on that such as "Add to Library" which wouldn't even have a purpose if the Library only referred to purchased content.

So the TV app doesn't integrate with iTunes (your library), it only integrates content purchased on iTS. iTunes ≠ iTS purchased content.

Vado

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2016
Livingston, United Kingdom
That’s because it is a 1st Generation App ported over from the ATV2.

New one is in the works. No idea of release dates yet but its in Beta.

It's been in Beta I think for months going by the NowTV forum threads about it. There is not too much info out in the world about it due to the Beta testers having to sign NDA's apparently.

Duncan-UK

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2006
The TV app is still very clunky. Classic Doctor Who purchases via iTunes show up in the TV app as a string of episode ones, followed by episode twos etc as opposed to individual stories (as they show up in itunes).

It’s also infuriating how unintelligent the app is. When I want to watch an episode of curb your enthusiasm it simply cannot work out that I’ve bought a series pack of seasons 1-8 and starts trying to sell me individual episodes. Even when I do navigate to my season pack I have to then navigate through (for example) 50 episode to get to season 6.

The TV app is “pretty, pretty bad” as Larry David might put it. And don’t start me on how crap Siri is with voice recognition. Amazon’s firetv control is far superior when it comes to voice control.

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Integration appears to be broken as of this morning. Seen two other instances reported on twitter. Shows no longer appear in the up next carousel and while the best of All 4 section still appears you can't launch the shows and search is unable to find no All 4 content currently. All 4 has been removed from my connected apps list even though it appears in the app count.

Reactions: Fredthered73

Fredthered73

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2019
Integration appears to be broken as of this morning. Seen two other instances reported on twitter. Shows no longer appear in the up next carousel and while the best of All 4 section still appears you can't launch the shows and search is unable to find no All 4 content currently. All 4 has been removed from my connected apps list even though it appears in the app count.
Ah so that’s why I can’t get it to work, hopefully it will be back up soon

Reactions: johnyslats
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.