Chapter markers not transferring from FCP to DVDSP

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by treehorn, Nov 20, 2009.

1. treehorn macrumors 6502

treehorn

Upgraded recently to newest Final Cut Studio, and man Compressor seems to hate me.

Trying to figure out now why chapter markers aren't transferring. I'm creating Chapter Markers in FCP, exporting the full show as Quicktime clip with "Current Settings", have "Make Movie Self-Contained" checked, Markers is set to "All Markers" (I've even tried it with "DVD Studio Pro" chosen).

In Compressor, using the 120 Minutes Best Quality settings. I've checked and "Add DVD Studio Pro Metadata" is checked (even tried it with "Include Chapter Markers Only")

But when I bring it into DVDSP, no chapter markers come with it.

Am I missing something?

2. 321estrellas macrumors 6502

321estrellas

Are you export as Quicktime MOVIE or or Quicktime CONVERSION? I'm not 100% sure myself but from experience I think exporting as movie should bring along the chapter markers, while conversion does not.

And of course, make sure it says <CHAPTER> when you make the marker.

Also make sure the markers are on the timeline, not on the track.

You should also see the chapter markers in the viewer of compressor.

Hope that helps. I have FCP6, not 7, so I hope there's no differences in info there.

3. treehorn thread starter macrumors 6502

treehorn

Answer to all but one are "yes"

And the one that is 'no' is regarding Chapter Markers appearing in Compressor

I swear this new version is buggy beyond belief. Never had problems with Compressor in FCS2 but it's nothing but headaches now - quality is horrid and now chapter markers don't transfer.