iPad Pro Charge (12.9") iPad Pro from Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Azzin, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Azzin macrumors 68040

Hi all,

I've literally just received my Pro and I'm going through the setup (have decided to setup as a new iPad, rather than use the backup from my iPad Air).

Seeing as I'm sitting at my desk, I'm wondering if I can charge it (quickly) by connecting the Lightning cable into my 2012 MBP?

I should probably add that the MBP is connected to and powered by a Thunderbolt Display.

Here's what I'm using at the mo: http://www.amazon.co.uk/TARTANTECH-Intelligent-Universal-Charger-Samsung/dp/B00R3N96L6

[Edit] - Just to add that I've also got one of these. so just wondering which will be best (fastest)?

Thanks.

2. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

You can charge it from your MBP, but it won't be quick. The two chargers you mentioned will be no faster than the included Apple charger. If you want a fast charge, I recommend you buy the new USB-C to lightning cable and the 29watt MacBook charger. Folks are reporting charge time of a couple hours for 0 to 100%.

3. Azzin thread starter macrumors 68040

Thanks, any idea how long on the included charger?

4. Godzilla71 macrumors 6502

Godzilla71

Forever, it seems like. I just purchased mine today as well. It was at 27% or something at 11am when I opened it and went to charge it. It's now at 42% 1 1/2 hrs later. I may look into that 29 watt charger option myself.

5. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

I've never tried to precisely time it, but just now it took almost two hours to go from 75% to 100% using the Apple 12 W charger that came with the iPP.