Charge battery before using iPad 3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rgr555, Mar 16, 2012.

1. rgr555 macrumors 6502

Charge battery before using iPad 3 while it's OFF or charge and use at same time?

Does it even matter?

2. jakebechtold macrumors member

jakebechtold

Every other Apple device I've bought has come with an almost charged battery. I usually just start using it out of the box and make sure I give it a full charge once drained.

Unless someone else on here recommends otherwise, that's what I plan on doing with my new iPad once it shows up. :cool:

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Not going to matter. Apple has a battery FAQ on the support site if you want to read it.

It should arrive with nearly a full charge. Use it. Enjoy it. Plug it in when going to bed tonight and it'll get a full charge by morning.

Maybe once a month or so use it 'til the battery's nearly depleted then charge it all the way up. Battery maintenance isn't nearly as fussy with modern batteries as it was ten or twenty years ago.

4. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

Well, when you play a game the battery gets lower, right? When you want to charge the battery, the battery wants to go up, right? You'll make them do both at the same time and the battery may be effected in the iPad.

I don't know if i read the first post right.. haha sorry :(

5. Neous macrumors member

Neous

I'm using it right now and th battery is at 87% out of the box

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Mine too. As I am restoring 21GB of apps from the iTunes store, that is going to take a while so I just set it aside and plugged it in.