Charge iPhone with iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mulo, Sep 16, 2012.

1. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

I was wondering if I can charge my iPhone with my iPad, like when I'm on longer trips. So that I could charge them both at home and then charge my iPhone from the iPad as it runs low, which it usually does in a day with my usage.
    I assume I would need some kind of 30-pin to 30-pin adapter to do it?

2. armoredsaint macrumors regular

armoredsaint

tag - i think the iphone is 5W and ipad is 10W?

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I don't think you can do this. But you might want to look into a Mophie battery case for your phone. It can give you several hours of extra usage.

4. craigsharp macrumors regular

Yea you can! Just go to best buy and ask the the guy at the front door to see their secret showroom... He'll be reluctant at first but you slip him $5 and he'll allow you in the back. Then you go talk to the leprechaun under the northwestern most shelf and he'll open up a a secret door. In that door you'll find a whole new best buy showroom that has unicorns and dragons flying around. From that point you get onto the ferry and cross the moat to get to the castle. Once inside the castle find the jester. The jester is key to making your iPad charge your iPhone. If you can get the jester to juggle your iPad, iPhone and a bowling pin he will tell you where to find the 30pin to 30pin cable you are seeking. But if you come across a troll while crossing the moat then you quite possibly might die a horrible death.

5. xArtx macrumors 6502a

I thought the USB port provided by the camera connection adapter might do it,
    but I just tried it, and unfortunately no go.

6. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

The ipad can't do this but surprisingly with a 2 dollar usb otg cable my nexus 7 does in fact charge my galaxy nexus.