Charge or Pending Still

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphoneg33k, Jun 17, 2010.

1. iphoneg33k macrumors member

Question for everyone.

Has the charge for the iphone went through already or is it still pending at your bank or Credit Union? Since I work at a credit union mine is still pending... Are they waiting until tomorrow or next week to take my MONEY!!! .... ...

2. Ares1590 macrumors member

Iam sure another thread covers this but I am not gonna leave you with no response and a dick comment :eek:

I ordered mine successfully at 5:30 AM eastern from AT&T.com on the morning of the 15th, confirmed 24th shipping :D. It showed up on my acocunt immediately as pending. It is still pending. I don't think I know anyone whose charge has cleared. But I assume they will soon, possibly when the phone ships?

3. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

My pending funds were officially charges today.

Mint freaked out and let me know to.

4. iphoneg33k thread starter macrumors member

I'm hoping that tomorrow the charge will go through... Other thing I did look for something like this thread...

5. agoat macrumors regular

I preorder on the 15th and pending charges. But today I check my credit again, and it is removed. Not sure what going on.

6. iphoneg33k thread starter macrumors member

You better hope you put the right information or have money on your credit card. I would the credit card company to make sure the charge goes through.

7. agoat macrumors regular

Yeah I had call them up on the 15th to check for a pending charge, and there was a 212 pending charge held by ATT. Everything seem to be in order

8. iphoneg33k thread starter macrumors member

I keep reading how much everyone's paid for there phone. I paid $252.00 including the upgrade fee... sales tax killed me...

by the way did you guys have to pay the upgrade fee too?

9. Ares1590 macrumors member

No upgrade fee for me. My total was $213. Even with the $18 fee it would have only been $231. I don't know where you got $252.

10. axledentaldj macrumors member

ordered 2 iphone 4s on 6/15/2010 at 10:45pm and at 11:04pm. Bank of America still shows 3 -$1 charges and 2 -$210.94 charges are pending. I should not have the $210.94 charges (waived upgrade $18 fee) until the iphones are shipped on July 2nd. Ooh well

11. dmx macrumors 6502

Ordered through Apple mine is still just a hold.

For some reason they didn't put a hold on the total amount. I ordered the 32GB along with a bumper and a dock, and the hold is about $30 short.

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Mine isn't showing up anywhere in my bank accounts now. That's often how it works with Amazon until the order ships. At least I don't have three charges of $320 waiting for me. I'll just have to see what happens later on. Apple still says it's delivering June 24, so I should be good, especially with how early I ordered mine.

13. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Ditto.

Checked my BofA and the charges are gone.

Checked my email, nothing from AT&T

Checked my confirmation email, went to order status and they all still say "In Progress."

14. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

the upgrade fees go on your ATT bill not to your credit card.

15. jkane08 macrumors member

I noticed the same thing. I ordered from AT&T and was charged immediately following. Now today (Friday morning) there is no charge any longer on my debit card. It's not showing up as anything at all, and I have the money back now in my account that it was taking out.

So needless to say I'm in the process of calling AT&T.

Will edit post when I have info from AT&T about what is going on.

Okay so she told me:
    Everything on my order looks like it is all set to go, and everything is going through okay.
    Most likely it was just a pre-authorization charge, and to expect the money to be taken out again on the 23rd.

Kind of figured this is all that was going on, but sitting a little easier now that I have confirmation.

Hopefully you other people with similar issues fall under this category of pre-authorization as well, and don't run the misfortune of something actually being wrong with your order.

16. pmz macrumors 68000

Because the bumpers aren't shipping with it. They will ship on June 24.

17. applefan022 macrumors 6502

Mine are still pending on my iPhone it says the charges will be released on 6/18 so sometime today and my bumper charges says will be released 6/20.!

18. pmz macrumors 68000

Same here. Don't worry, if your order is through Apple and your order status looks good, then you're good.

Total $319 for me, 32 black. No activation fee.
    -----

The best thing I ever did as an iPhone customer is start a Family Talk plan. The money I save / benefits I receive compared to the average individual user are staggering, and are worth noting for anyone that could potentially benefit from this:

1. Cost per person is low. I have 4 iPhones including my own on my plan, as well as my wife, brother, and mother. Our plan has unlimited data and unlimited texting for all lines, and has 2100 daytime minutes to accommodate my chatty business mother (although she pays an extra $40 a month for herself to cover these extra minutes that no one else needs).

Aside from my mom, the other 3 of us pay about $63 a mon for all you can eat iPhone access....about half the cost of individual plans.

2. As the primary account holder, technically I pay well over 200 (closer to 300) per month for my entire account, so qualifying for iPhone upgrades every year on release day, is never a problem.

But, I do have one question if anyone actually knows the answer....

Q: I recently (2 months ago) added the 4th line to my account, using an inactive CO&M iPhone. Yes I had to sign a new 2 year for this line. Yes it got a new phone from the AT&T system....
    ....However, this line (unlike my other 3 lines) shows as being ineligible for an upgrade at this time (until 2011 sometime).....This should not be the case, as I did not purchase a new phone and take a subsidy with this line. This line is should remain permanently eligible for upgrade at any time, given its status. I contacted AT&T to complain, they submitted a case, said it would take 2 days for an answer, and a week later no response.

I know from doing this previously with 2 other lines that this is how it works, so are they just trying to screw me with my 4th line or am I missing something?

Thanks,

pmz

19. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

So...I DID have a pending/pre-authorization for like $522 and I just checked it again and there is no charge and no pending. Though I did call Customer Service this morning and they said everything looked good...

Edit: Just noticed I posted without reading others. Looks like others have seen the same thing. I'm definitely not stressing out about all this because I also have an iPhone reserved at BestBuy that I'll be picking up the 24th.

20. foot56 macrumors regular

did you order form apple?

21. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

How are you going to get 'new user' or 'upgrade pricing' on a BB iphone if ATT is already in the process of cutting you one out. Surely the two lines will cross when BB goes to set up your account. ???

I'm asking b/c I did the same thing, though now I wonder if it was stupid.

22. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

I ordered from ATT Premier...AT&T Order Status is all good. I called Customer Service about the Backordered status. They said for sure "If your order was placed with Premier or AT&T online early enough on 6/15 you will get your phone on the 24th"

23. foot56 macrumors regular

I noticed my apple pre auth for the iphone is gone from my account. However, the bumper is still there. When I called apple they said that was "normal"

24. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

I actually know the girl that works in BB Mobile dept and I am going to go in just before close to "Add a line" to my family plan. If I receive my fedex shipment early enough I'll setup my family plan with the two I have coming from ATT first. I'm already assuming there may be issues with this "plan"...but one way or another...on the 24th I'll have a phone.

25. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Pre-Auth no longer shows on my account as of this morning as I expected. Actual charge is not until the item ships.