Charge/store the watch in the box provided

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TwiceNightly, Sep 16, 2016.

1. TwiceNightly macrumors 6502

TwiceNightly

Hi all,

Just got my Series 2 SS and just wanted to ask a quick question. I'm planning on using the bottom half of the box to rest my watch in when it charges, it has a small dip in it to slot the watch in and I can then hook the charger up to the back of the watch.

Does anyone else do this? Is the material inside the box soft enough to not scratch the watch?

Thanks

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yep, I've been using mine as a makeshift dock. The 18K gold Apple Watch Edition does the same thing with a dedicated, built-in magnetic charging puck inside the box.

3. TwiceNightly thread starter macrumors 6502

TwiceNightly

Thanks, I guess as I've just upgraded to the SS from the Sport I was worried about the box scratching but I guess I'll get over it :-/

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's lined with microfiber and they ship the AW in it so no way it can scratch.

5. TwiceNightly thread starter macrumors 6502

TwiceNightly

Works great!

Attached Files:

6. Barf1312184 macrumors newbie

I wish I could take credit for this, but when the original watch came out last year I found a video on YouTube that showed how to convert the box into a docking station like the gold edition. I used it for a year and it was great. I only stopped using it because I got a docking station that could charge both the watch and phone. I still take it on vacation as my charger and to carry extra bands I might need. It took about 15-20 minutes and only needed a drill, some duct tape, and some pads you would put on the bottom of chair legs.

Attached Files: