Charge taking a REALLY long time

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joejoejoe, Sep 29, 2008.

1. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

I just got a new battery for my almost 2 year old MBP and am very pleased to say I know have about 4 hours of playtime till the charge dies!

Now I'm trying to be really good about charging it to 100% and taking it out immediately, but for some reason it's now taking FOREVER to charge.

I'm using the comp now with brightness pretty low, only safari, mail and quicksilver open and it's at 84%... and the computer estimates another 1:04 minutes until full charge?!?

This can't be normal. I tried using a different charger and same thing... any ideas? Is this normal? I don't remember it being like this at all with my old battery...

Thanks

2. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

I read your message earlier this morning, and now that my battery is charging (at 83% now) it says 35 minutes until it's done charging. Remember it is just an estimate on how long it will take to charge. Depending on how old your 'new' battery is, it may just take this long. If it is charging normally (even if slowly) without smoke, a lot of heat, or anything bad, then I would leave it alone. Now, if it said 1:04 for depleting, then I would be worried, but probably not with charging.

3. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

True but the estimate was correct... It actually took almost an hour and a half for the remaining 15 percent of the battery

4. iphonematt Guest

Mine is at 95% and estimates about 19 min to finish charging. It is normal. Once above 80%, the batteries go into a trickle charge state and charge a lot slower.