Charge Time: 3Gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by _Refurbished_, Oct 5, 2009.

1. _Refurbished_ macrumors 68000

_Refurbished_

I am noticing a longer charge time with my 3Gs than I experienced with my 3G. Anyone else notice this? I know the 3Gs's battery is technically bigger, but not by much. I remember my battery charging within an hour's time. Now it seems to take about two hours to get a full charge on my 3Gs. I could be crazy.... :p

2. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Nope, mines still around an hour.

3. Konz macrumors regular

Took over 2 hours to charge a 3GS to 100% at my house last night. The last 3% took at least 30 minutes.

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Two hours for a 100% recharge of the 3GS (using the Apple charger) sounds just about right. It's also a good idea to leave it charging for an additional hour or so.

5. firewood macrumors 604

From USB or the wall plug? (the latter is much faster.)

6. shrewd macrumors member

I tend to find it take a minute per %, until it hits ther nervous nineties, where it will often take more than 4 days to complete the last 6/7 percent. (Thats an exaggeration but it does slow up a lot, maybe 30 mins for the last 6 percent).

7. Konz macrumors regular

The two hours was from a wall plug, and it was the only thing plugged into that wall AFAIK.

It was probably more like 2.5 hours but it's a relatively new phone so that may have something to do with it. :confused: The last 3% literally did take 25 minutes... if the whole charge were that slow it would take almost 14 hours for the whole thing :p