charged twice for an App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by quigleybc, Aug 8, 2008.

1. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    so,

after 2.0.1

all my apps were crashing

so i did a restore,

and reinstalled the rpg game "VAY"

and it charged me again for it!

how to do I complain or get it fixed?

2. ayasin macrumors 6502

Contact Apple at 1-800-MY-APPLE. It's probably a glitch and they will refund the second charge.

3. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Yes, as ayasin says. Contact them. They are VERY good about fixing this sort of thing.

4. quigleybc thread starter macrumors 68030

quigleybc

LOL

if by VERY good, you mean some dude in India that sent me back to Apple.com then I guess......

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i'll call again until i can find someone that

1 - can help
    2 - can speak clearly

5. quigleybc thread starter macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Called again

this guy I could understand at least

He said that because the application was deleted from my iTunes library that it no longer counts as a purchased app.....!!!!

what...!!

So, if you delete an App, or a song or a movie from your iTunes library, and go to redownload it...they will charge you again..

IS THAT NORMAL??

So, if I had thousands of dollars of iTunes songs and APps, and my CPU blew up, I would lose all that $$ and stuff??

Even if it's on my account history ??

He said.

"YUP"

Does that sound right to you guys??

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

You could try contacting Apple through this form. The reps at 1-800-MY-APPLE aren't really qualified to answer questions regarding the iTunes store (from my experience, at least).

7. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

No, from my experience when you attempt to download an app you already paid for it will tell you you already bought and download this app, would you like to download it again. It shouldn't be charging you again. Even free apps will mention this. Even some apps with updates say for good measure to delete the app and download it again for less chance of a bug.

8. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

The support guy was right for music and movies, I dont know about apps though. Whenever you download music (unless you clicked "Do not warn me again") it says to be sure to back up your purchases because they may only be downloaded once.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you lose it you have to buy again; that's Apple's policy. They say to back up as much as possible.

They might make an exception, but that's their policy. Precisely why one should refrain from buying on the iPhone/iPod.

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That may be true with regard to music and videos, but not with the apps. Apps, you are supposed to be able to redownload without charge.

11. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

First. I experienced a refund first hand and got a great and quick response with a refund.

2nd. Why the need to bring in your xenophobia?

3rd, Can you post ahead a time that you will respond to people that try and help you with a rude response? Next time I won't bother helping you.

4th, glad things did NOT work out for you. Serves you right.

12. quigleybc thread starter macrumors 68030

quigleybc

1 - not trying to start an arguement

2 - nothing xenophobic about it. I couldn't understand the guy.

3 - My apologies for sounding rude. Not my intentions. getting charged twice for a product caused a grumpy response.

4 - now who's being rude?

:rolleyes:

13. sergiozambrano macrumors newbie

Apple is not god at refunding money

I've been charged twice too, and since previous times there was a sign saying "don't worry you won't be billed twice if you already paid for it" we "click" the "purchase" button anyway.

Now the problem is not the 3 apps they charged me twice (2 of them with just 1 month of difference with original purchase) but there are also the OTHER APPS AND SONGS THAT I'LL BE CHARGED AGAIN FOR, if I ever need to restore the iPhone again. Some I restored them from the backup in my Mac, but it's a matter of time.

They said they make ONE exception, and the other two… I'll get a free video credit for them.

WTF!! what do I want a free video for???
    Is that the way Apple does marketing??? extortioning with theh refund of STOLEN money?

I'm sending a NEW email, hoping it was a marketing strategy, automatically driven, with both receipt side by side, showing SAME address, name, email, etc.

THEY KNOW it's happening as many times as they push us for using the email address as the login instead of our usernames for certain things to work properly. They want our FREE MAC NAMES they gave us for the purchase of EXPENSIVE computers, after we didn't bite the bait on purchasing a .mac subscription.
    They'll get my apple name soon, since I don't find where to use it (it doesn't have an email) and will surely be taken once it's unused.

Shame on Apple. 20 Years using only Apple, and once in a while they show desperate like this.

14. JustLeft macrumors 6502

I have had this happen once. I went to the receipt where I was charged (for the second time) and clicked on the 'report a problem' link right below the item I purchased. I then filled out the form and included the original purchase info. Got a refund with a couple days.

15. sergiozambrano macrumors newbie

Good luck.

You better call Apple NOW to get it fixed BEFORE you need to re-download all your apps ;)
    The same error that happened in your case will make you pay twice all your apps when you need them.

16. sergiozambrano macrumors newbie

Automated system or blind reps?

Is Apple support an automated system? or just blind people?
    I sent a SCREENSHOT of both bills, showing the same email address, and they sent me an email saying I have two different accounts…

It's like trying to say a monkey with a human suit in front of a mirror it's not human!

How do you scape the stupid chain of unfortunate events the girl at "the net" suffers? (the system says you are a murderer, so you are)

Here's attached the image the Apple rep saw for telling me "I have two accounts". Will a lawyer make them understand it better while reminding them they're ripping user's pockets off with the same trick?

Attached Files: