Charger and Line Out adapter for iPod touch second generation?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by todd2000, Jan 2, 2009.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Does anyone know if there is something like the Belkin Auto Kit that works with the iPod Touch second generation? Im looking for charging and Line Level audio out in the same device. I don't want to use the headphone port for audio. I have the Belkin now, but it won't change the Touch. If nothing else is there a dock adapter that will let you use old Firewire charging accessories with the Touch? Im looking for cheap if possible. :) Thanks!

2. Roadking macrumors 6502

First, your title says iphone so you might want to change that to the Touch.

Second, I am not sure of any adapters that let you use the old firewire accessories though I am probably wrong.

3. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Well the 3g is basically the same LOL. :)

4. njay macrumors newbie

I believe Schose are doing an adaptor to allow those docks that don't currently charge the 2nd gen touch (or iphone 3g) do charge once again. Had the link a few days ago and can't find it now but can remember is was suggested to be sub $30.

5. kevdav macrumors newbie

Here it is...

This is the link to the above-mentioned product, which merely corrects the charging problem with such adapters as the iSimple (by Peripheral Electronics). Whether charging functionality is worth an extra $30 (in addition to the $100 or so for the iSimple) is up to you.

http://www.scosche.com/products/productID/1667