Charger broke

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Noya, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Noya macrumors newbie

My Macbook charger is falling apart. its still charging my computer but as soon as I disconnect it from the wall the whole thing just falls apart and I have 3 different parts in my hand. also sparks come out. which is obviously not a good sign.
    I no longer have the warranty...its been just a few months over a year since I got it...
    I hate that the chargers are so expensive! and made so poorly.... I thought apple would have improved those by now.
    any ideas on where I can get a charger for cheaper than the apple store? or a way to get apple to realize its a manufacture defect....I didnt yank it out of the wall or anything!

2. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

Take it back to the apple store, they may give you a replacement seen as its only a month or two out of warranty.

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Try eBay; there are lots of generic ones there. They suffer from the same defect as the official Apple products, since they're partially made from the Magsafes, but since they're cheaper, you can buy two or three for the price of a new official adapter. That's what I plan to do when mine stops working.