Charger doesn't work

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iphone joe, Feb 1, 2017.

1. iphone joe, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017

iphone joe macrumors regular

iphone joe

When I plug my charger into my 2016 MacBook Pro it doesn't charge. Any ideas what could be wrong?

2. jerryk macrumors 68030

If you are using the charger and cable that came with the unit, I would take it into the Apple Store and see what they say. We can all guess, but we cannot give you a new machine, charger, or cable, like the Apple Store can.

3. iphone joe thread starter macrumors regular

iphone joe

It's the one that came with the it.

4. Sanpete macrumors 68020

5. therealseebs macrumors 65816

therealseebs

There was a brief run of people running into this quite a while back (Decemberish), I think there were maybe half a dozen users reporting the failure. Observed behavior was just that it stopped accepting input power from any charging port. I think everyone reporting it was in one of the first few shipments (so November 15 or so delivery). I did not see anyone find a way around it, it seems to be a "send in for repair" thing.

6. - rob - macrumors regular

- rob -

When I did a phone troubleshoot around battery issuea few days ago, they had me perform a port test as well. The rep identified the power cable as an issue. Although the apple store tech said that was not the case.

So while the cable had nothing to do with my issue, It does seem like Apple is aware of a charger cable issue. You should take it in asap.