Charger Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Executive4hire, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Executive4hire macrumors newbie

Hey everybody, I am having some "trouble:eek:" with my Macbook Pro! To put it simply my computer will not charge. It is not the charger for I tried two other chargers and they all give me the green light but my computer does not turn on and I tried different outlets! I know the computers not fried because this morning it turned on told me it was low on battery so I plugged it in and it said "not charging" and then a few minutes later it died. Also that night I did not charge it so... What am I to do:confused:?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Reset the SMC. Instructions in the link below. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. Executive4hire thread starter macrumors newbie

Sadly this had no affect....

Sadly this had no affect.... I followed the instructions and it did not respond. Any other suggestions please?:(:eek:

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There's only three basic possibilities: the adapter (see the link for troubleshooting MagSafe adapters in the CHARGING section of the FAQ.), the battery (resetting the SMC should help with that in most cases), or the logic board (in which case, it may cost you, if not under warranty). Take it to Apple and let them check it out.

5. hehe299792458 macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

Seconded. Apple is usually pretty good when it comes to actual hardware failures