Charger issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ohwhatever, Aug 12, 2010.

1. ohwhatever macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I have a really new Macbook Pro (bought at the beginning of June), which has worked great until the charger stopped working today. I have gone through all the troubleshooting on the apple website (unplugging for 60 secs, restarting computer, checking that the outlet works etc), and it is still not working. I don't think it is an issue with the charger overheating, since it feels normal to touch and I usually just leave it on the floor where the heat can dissipate out.

I also tried both the extended three-pronged charging and the normal 2-prong charging, and neither works.

I also know it's not a problem with the computer itself, because my old Macbook T-style plug works, but obviously it doesn't charge the computer and eventually eats away at battery life when the computer is in use.

Is there anything else I should try? I really don't want to have to replace a charger for a computer I've only had for a couple months, and this whole thing is a little ridiculous for a brand new laptop.

Thanks so much for any help/advice you guys might have.

2. circularforward macrumors 6502

Since you bought it in June, it should be covered within the standard 1 year warranty. Give Apple a call or stop by a store.

3. ohwhatever thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, thanks. I definitely plan to, just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else to try. If I show up at the Apple store and the thing magically works I'm gonna be so annoyed