Charger light stays green

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by erandall38, May 24, 2008.

1. erandall38 macrumors 6502

Charger light on a macbook just stays green. The charge power is at 0%, so immediately when I unplug it, it dies. So basically right now it is just keeping it going but sees it as green (fully charged) so does not charge.

Any ideas on what this means?

2. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

It sounds like you might have an faulty battery or magsafe adapter. Try taking the battery out and putting it back in, and then plug in the adapter and see what happens. If not, I would call AppleCare for a replacement battery.

Also, if you have a spare battery laying around put that in and see what happens. Good luck.

3. sniper910 macrumors newbie

4. bbbensen macrumors 6502

Thats what has been happening to my friend too.

Shes going to buy a new battery and see if it works.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You need a new battery; it shouldn't be a charger problem or you're computer wouldn't turn. There is a chance your power supply on your logic board is broken.

6. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

yummy and u can tell in the corner where it has the battery picture with the X that means its dead if it hasnt already been posted

7. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

8. erandall38 thread starter macrumors 6502

I used the charger before on my MBP bc I left my charge at school for a couple days. (This is my girlfriends MB) Do you think that could have caused a problem? The first charge after I used it on my MBP it started immediately. Her MB is out of warranty now, do you think it will be covered?

Right before I borrowed her charger her MB charged just fine. I just find it weird and coincidental that it has the problem right in between taking and returning her charger.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No the computer can't remember which charger it's using.