Charger not working...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jprincesa, Sep 8, 2008.

1. jprincesa macrumors member

jprincesa

I have a macbook pro, this morining I noticed the green light wasnt on on the charger. So when I grabbed my charger to pull it out of the wall it was extremly hot! Now it dosent work anymore. WHat happened?? :confused: Also does apple care cover the charger? If so how do I go about getting a new one?
    Thanks

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I believe it is covered. I recommend taking into the apple store just in case it is something with the mac vs. the charger.

3. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

4. jprincesa thread starter macrumors member

jprincesa

so u think somting might b wrong wit the comp? I figured it was jus da charger since the light wouldn't turn on. I called apple and they're going to send me a new one. I guess when the new one comes in I'll find out if it's the comp. I hope not :eek:

5. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

lol well if you were going to bring the computer in you'll need the serial off of your computer. But since you called thats fine too. :)

good luck.

6. GreyMatta macrumors regular

Same thing happened to my MBP charger. I called Apple and they sent me a new one in the post. I just had to send them the broken one back in the same box. :)

7. jprincesa thread starter macrumors member

jprincesa

I called on monday and the charger came in on tuesday. I didnt expect it to be that fast. Works fine now, I have to return the old one too but thats no problem. :D