Charger performance

Discussion in 'iPad' started by khakilad, Mar 17, 2012.

1. khakilad macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Love my new iPad. The screen is simply brilliant and I'm getting at least 8 hours of battery life which for its first cycle is brilliant.

The only is issue is that its taking 8 hours to do a 0-100% charge!

I know that's it's down to the charger but that's seriously slow!

There has to be a reason why Applle didn't ship it with a 25watt charger.

Any body else found this?

2. shellbryson macrumors 6502

shellbryson

It does seem to take a lot longer to charge. Also, if you use it while charging, it seems to go down not up? Did I imagine that? Will test again today.

3. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

I noticed my battery didn't charge up this afternoon when I had it plugged in and was using it, but it didn't go down. That was over an hour of using it, just WiFi, not LTE.

I think the problem with a more powerful charger might be that the cables and connectors can't handle a higher current. But this whole having to charge an hour for every hour you use it may get old.

C

4. interinfo macrumors regular

8 hours ?!

Gosh, will never buy the new Ipad if there is not a better solution for this , how long does the Ipad2 takes ?

5. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

The new iPad should take 70% longer to charge, since it's battery is 70% larger and the charger is the same. Th old one seemed to be 3 to 5 hours, if I recall correctly

C

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

It only took about 1 hour to charge mine from 70 to 100% so I can not see there is a problem. I think the 10 watt charger will be just fine as soon as every one stops panicking like a herd of sheep!

7. tracerhawk macrumors member

tracerhawk

Mine charges about 10-12% per hour. Takes a very long time. However the charge lasts a long time too. Both take significantly longer than expected, both to charge and to drain.

8. homeboy macrumors 6502

I charged mine over night but switched it off to make sure I get the full juice.

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Never?:p

----------

You do not need to turn it off so your iPad get the "full juice". Your iPad will do just fine if charged overnight and will last more than needed after you can keep your hands off of it.

All will be good.

10. Rogue. macrumors regular

Plug it in, go to bed, wake up..... Fully charged :D